From Your Home to Their Shelter

We on the Socks for Japan team are spending almost all of our time processing socks or distributing them, which leaves few hours per week for emailing confirmations that we’ve received packages and writing reports on our distributions. Just before going to bed ahead of another early-morning departure, however, I’d like to escort you to the end of our camera lens where you and others who’ve supported this effort can see what a wonderful gesture you’ve made.

In places where neighborhood streets have become this:

people now live in shelters like this:

and get their meals like this:

and hear funeral announcements like this:

You send socks and care letters that look like this:

We drive north early on a road like this:

in a van like this:

that’s packed like this:

and unloaded like this:

to create a thousand blossoms of joy like these:

As of 9 pm Monday (8 am EDT), we’ve processed 21,974 pairs of socks from around the world, and distributed 10,074 pairs with letters in moments like the ones shown above. By this time tomorrow, we’ll have distributed 12,274 pairs. Thank you to everybody who’s helping us. There are many more feet and hearts to warm!

This entry was posted in Japan, Socks for Japan. Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

1. Kathy Goff
    Posted April 6, 2011 at 12:34 am | Permalink

I was recently laid off my job, but when I saw the faces in need, I had to help. Hopefully you have received my box of socks by now. If I can do more I will. Much love…:)

2. Chin Ee
    Posted April 6, 2011 at 5:10 pm | Permalink

It’s heart warming to see your updates of photos. All of you are really great people!
    Thanks for giving us this opportunity to help in our small way. Saw the update from the DHL website, the socks that we sent hv been delivered to your office. thanks and take care

3. Lynne Karle
    Posted April 8, 2011 at 5:01 am | Permalink

Thank you for sharing these amazing & moving images! We are so happy to be helping. Our packages should arrive soon!

4. Alice Heckley
    Posted April 8, 2011 at 9:26 pm | Permalink

The Elm Street School in Gardner, Massachusetts, USA have worked very hard collecting Socks for Japan. Yesterday we mailed out 5 boxes of socks, totaling 571 pairs. Thank you for providing an avenue for us to help. Hope everyone is doing well in Japan. We are thinking of you all!!

5. Posted April 11, 2011 at 10:04 pm | Permalink

Dearest Jason – what a fabulous idea. Many many blessings to you for doing this! I’m collecting socks over the next couple of weeks here in Maine and will be sending them out with much love!!! Peace & Love, Kathie

6. chris fondi
    Posted April 13, 2011 at 12:55 am | Permalink

the students and staff at south butler primary school in saxonburg, pa. have been working hard collecting socks and writing notes. we are so happy to help. thank you for the wonderful and moving pictures here. we have sent three boxes so far and have at least four more ready to go. our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

7. Posted April 14, 2011 at 2:22 am | Permalink

Your efforts for this project are staggering! Thanks SO much for all your work – the photos are wonderful! I sent a hand knit pair of socks out in the mail on 4/12/11 – hope they arrive soon and will provide a little bit of comfort and warmth for someone!!!!

• Here are your three options:

Option 1: Annual Subscription

For just $236.97 per year, you’ll receive everything listed above to completely upgrade the way you manage your investments, including a copy of The 3% Signal. This is what I recommend:

Option 2:Monthly Subscription

If you'd like to try The Kelly Letter  without paying the full year, you can pay $19.97 per month, but it will not include a copy of The 3% Signal :

Option 3:Free Email List

If you'd like to hear more from me but aren't ready to part with any money yet, you're welcome to join my free email list:

Join the free list

Thank you for the work you do. You're a household name here and my wife and I often discuss your letters on Sundays. My ten- and seven-year-old children recognize your name and will eventually be taught to invest using 3Sig and 6Sig. You've had an enormously positive impact on our investing and inspired me to look at the world in more rational and clear terms than I did years ago. I'm sure that thousands of others would say the same. Kelly Letter subscriber Matt Barnes
    Matt Barnes
    Product Line Director
    OCLC

Join Matt and thousands of other rational investors to invest without stress.